Kim Kardashian Reveals She May Have Hysterectomy

For her first post-pregnancy-announcement appearance, Kim Kardashian plumped for this latex dress.
Kim Kardashian has revealed complications during pregnancy means she might have to have a hysterectomy after the birth of her second child.
In an interview with C Magazine the 34-year-old told how she suffered from the condition placenta accreta during her pregnancy with daughter North and how that made it difficult for her to conceive again.

"It was over a year of trying, and I had so many complications," the reality star said of her attempts to fall pregnant the second time.[In my first pregnancy] I had this condition called placenta accreta. There were a couple of little operations to fix all that, so that created a little hole in my uterus, which I think made it really tough to get pregnant again.
"It was a long road. I would go to the doctor in Beverly Hills every day at five in the morning to get tested to see if I was ovulating.
"I was trying everything: I did acupuncture and got a nutritionist to eat healthier, thinking that was an issue."
Kanye West and Kim Kardashian kiss on arrival at the 57th annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles.

Kanye West and Kim Kardashian kiss on arrival at the 57th annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles.
Kardashian said the difficulties took the "fun out of" trying to get pregnant for her and husband Kanye West.
"I'm like, 'I'm ovulating, get home now!' He'd be like, 'Wait, I'm in the studio'," she remembered.
Placenta accreta occurs when parts of the placenta grow too deeply into the uterine wall. It can cause severe blood loss after delivery and can result in an early caesarean section and a hysterectomy.
"They think I'll have placenta accreta again, so if the placenta grows a little bit deeper than it did last time, then they are prepared to have my uterus removed, which is a little scary for me," Kardashian told C Magazine.
I think we're just gonna go day by day, see how overwhelming it is, and see how the delivery goes."
Despite the difficulties Kardashian, who is five months pregnant,  said she feels fortunate.
"I also feel lucky that, as of right now, I don't feel like I'm gonna get pre-eclampsia again, which last time [contributed to] not only the weight, but also the swelling," she said.
In the interview for the magazine's September issue Kardashian explained how motherhood had changed her outlook on life.
"When I was pregnant with [North], I thought, 'My life is so hectic - how am I gonna take her to ballet classes and soccer?'" she said.
"I had these visions of all the things I did growing up, and I was really freaked out. And when it happens, you just instinctively know how to do it.
"It has taught me how to prioritise. And I was forced to take a break for awhile.
"I never liked downtime, but I decided I enjoy it - that's when the fun ideas come about. I felt like I was, I don't want to say overexposed, but I had too many different projects."

0 comments: