Woman Caught Attempting To Smuggle Indian Hemp Blames It On Her Husband(Photo)

  A 38-year-old woman, Rashidat Abdulkarim, who was arrested for attempting to smuggle 2.04kg Indian hemp has blamed it on her husband who lives in South Africa.
The mother of three who sells female shoes and hand bags expressed shock over the claims that cannabis was found in the consignment sent to her by the husband.
“I am in shock and pain that my husband is behind my problem. My husband sent N28, 000 to me to buy locally made textiles. He also told me that one man will bring food seasoning and herbal medicines to me.
According to NDLEA airport commander, Mr. Hamza Umar,

“The seizure was made during routine screening of goods at the cargo section. During a search, 2.04kg of cannabis was found to be concealed in a carton of Knor Maggi seasoning.Other items in the luggage were local textiles and herbal medicines. The consignor was immediately arrested following the discovery of the cannabis,
According to a statement by NDLEA spokesperson, Mr. Mitchell Ofoyeju, during investigation, Rashidat accused her husband who lives in South Africa of implicating her.

0 comments: