Steven Gerrard: Liverpool Great Retires After 19-Year Career

                                       Image result for Steven Gerrard: Liverpool great retires after 19-year career 
Former Liverpool and England captain Steven Gerrard has retired, ending a 19-year playing career.
Gerrard, 36, played 710 times for the Reds, winning nine trophies, but joined MLS side LA Galaxy in 2015.
The midfielder is England's fourth most-capped player with 114 appearances and captained the side at three of the six major tournaments he played at.
"I feel lucky to have experienced so many wonderful highlights over the course of my career," said Gerrard.
"I have had an incredible career and am thankful for each and every moment of my time at Liverpool, England and LA Galaxy.
"I fulfilled my childhood dream by pulling on the famous red shirt of Liverpool."
Gerrard had been linked with the manager's job at League One side MK Dons after announcing he would leave LA Galaxy, but said on Wednesday the opportunity came "too soon" for him.
Gerrard, who is working towards his Uefa A coaching licence - the second-highest qualification available, has also been linked with moves to Celtic and Newcastle United, as well as a return to Anfield as a coach.
On Thursday, he said he will take time to consider his options before making an announcement "very soon", adding: "I am excited about the future and feel I still have a lot to offer the game, in whatever capacity that may be."

0 comments: